Sunday 18 January 2009

Urban ramblings

Pec Sand in Buenos Aires (James Lowen)
To be honest, I've been pretty boring recently working away on my various projects. The most pressing is the impending talk to nearly 900 people coming up on Monday week in Clacton, Essex with the venerable Mike Dilger. It's getting late in the day now and we are still fretting over what The One Show video clips to dig up.

By the way, if anyone from Conwy RSPB Reserve is reading this blog, I'm tickling my piece on Wormwood Scrubs as I type this. It will be with you soon.........honest!

I also spend a load of time editing new material for my website. It's really great that it's picking up momentum with birders from around the world. I will be uploading articles on Buenos Aires, Common Nighthawks in New York, a cemetery in Boston, USA, the December sightings at Wormwood Scrubs and a profile on a English ex-pat birder, James Lowen, who now resides in Argentina and does regular trips to the Antarctic. 

I love his picture of the Pectoral Sandpiper. You can't get much more urban than that!


1 comment:

DNLee said...

I agree. Nice shot.