Tuesday 5 May 2009

Doctor Doctor

I think I need to see a doctor.

I think that I have an allergy to sugar - the very drug that I crave for everyday of my life. I woke up this morning hoping to hit The Scrubs, but I felt drained and unable to hear properly. When I was a fresh faced 16 year-old starting my first ever job, out of boredom I used to down 6-7 Doubledecker chocolate bars, a tin or two of 7up and a box of 6 apple pies - A DAY and FOR YEARS!!!

The funny thing was that I didn't put an ounce of weight on, moreover, I was pretty fit looking with a six-pack and all. However, I'd occasionally get bouts of illness attacks. I'd feel extremely nauseous, very dizzy, lethargic and profoundly deaf. Over the years, the sugar consumption decreased and the attacks lessened in their intensity but it was only very recently that I realised that I may possibly have an allergy to sugar, so tomorrow I will visit the doctor for some proper medical advice.

I was contacted by the Wildlife Trusts about getting The One Show to feature the Peregrines in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire. The Derbyshire Wildlife Trust have a camera locked onto the goings on at a city nest site, whilst the Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust have come up with a novel new DNA database for Peregrines. All very fascinating. I sent the information on in the hope that The One Show are interested.

Anyway, it's deadline time again so I better go do some more writing as well as boning up on the butterflies of the UK. An Urban Birder's work is never done... 

No comments: