Thursday 21 May 2009

Brent Bird Boy

Me aged 11 in front of the first birdtable I ever made!
This morning was spent in the BBC Radio 5 Live studios in the company of Nicky Campbell and Shelagh Fogerty talking about birdsong. Nicky asked me to identify a Chaffinch, Blackbird and Robin for the nation. I had a very pleasant time.

The rest of the day was spent corresponding, pitching ideas to The One Show and resurrecting an identification book idea with A&C Black that I have been harbouring for many years. I'm meeting up with those guys in a couple of weeks. I also learnt today that I will be giving a talk at The British Birdwatching Fair on the Sunday - the day after my birthday.

Got a call from the Brent Magazine, who asked if they could feature me as an 'outstanding' Brent citizen in their July edition. I duly agreed, so they will interview me next week at The Scrubs.

Tomorrow morning I will boarding a train heading for Manchester to pick up my European Cup Final tickets - at 6.20am.

Ouch!

No comments: