Thursday 5 February 2009

Money and Woodcocks

A Mourning Dove - no relevance to anything at all really!
The rain came and washed the snow away today. We returned to the normal grey and dismal hues that you would normally associate with London at this time of year. Any thoughts of hitting The Scrubs this morning was put paid by the drizzle.

Instead, I did some work at home (that dreaded section of the London Bird Report) and then went off to a meeting at The Ecology Centre in picturesque Holland Park to meet with the ecology people from Kensington & Chelsea City Council. We talked about ideas for a project that they were trying to get off the ground that involved getting underprivileged kids involved with birding and nature. They had a fine collection of stuffed birds including a Woodcock that recently breathed its last breath under a tree in the park.

We'll see if they are still interested in working with me once I tell them how much I'm gonna charge for my time!




No comments: