Monday 29 December 2008

I'm running out of days!

My quest continues to achieve the magical 100 species mark. The past couple of mornings I have braved the sub-zero temperatures to wander Wormwood Scrubs like some lost soul. I have seen absolutely nothing of real interest with the regular Stonechats, gulls and a measly 4 Meadow Pipits being the sum total.

But undaunted I shall head of to my patch once again in the morning in the hope of a overflying Glaucous Gull, or party of Brent Goose - jeez, I'd be happy with a Brambling or anything......

Will someone hear my prayers?

1 comment:

Warren Baker said...

Take heart david. As you well know anything can turn up. I had a Green sandpiper fyover today, and 27 Golden Plover. Also found a Snipe, none of which are regular on my patch, the former two were year ticks.