Thursday 26 August 2010

Glastonbury - Rutland style

Shooting for Birdfair.tv (Russell F Spencer)
Me & Bill (Russell F Spencer)
The main star at Rutland (Russell F Spencer)
I spent the whole of last weekend amongst throngs of birders at the British Birdwatching Fair in Rutland, Leicestershire. I had a great time shooting excerpts of the general happenings during the weekend. That involved chatting to the good and the great, following the development of the Birdfair Mural, checking out the latest optics and basically having a laugh!

The results of my endeavours are to be found at http://www.birdguides.com/webzine/article.asp?a=2254

Anyway, back in London I've been caning my local patch for migrants sometimes up to 3 times a day. This is time I can ill afford as for example, I had a last minute panic to finish my penultimate article for BBC Wildlife Magazine yesterday. However, it was worth it today because I finally caught up with an elusive Pied Flycatcher that had been hiding in a Maple tree for the past six days. Here's to a nice Red-backed Shrike!

No comments: