Wednesday 14 July 2010

Singing around the Canary

Documentary maker Ceri Levy & TUB
TUB on the Canary Wharf roof
The view from Canary Wharf with Tower 42 in the distance
A post dawn jaunt around The Scrubs resulted in little other than c60 Swifts wheeling over the grassland. In itself that many Swifts overhead was pretty impressive for us but I should have really stayed in bed, for I was knackered.

At 11am a car came to pick me up to take me to an event at Canary Wharf put on by Caught By The River (www.caughtbytheriver.net) that involved me taking two groups up One Canada Square, the UK's tallest building at 771 feet for a spot of birding. Interestingly, despite being taller than my beloved Tower 42, it is set lower down in the Thames Valley and thus T42 is the higher point!

It was grey, with the occasional shower. Naturally, we didn't see much but the vista was incredible nonetheless. To be honest, I should have been at home crunching out articles but it was good to meet the guys at Canary Wharf plus hang out with my mate and documentary maker, Ceri Levy. It was the first time I had seen him since he collapsed on the Tower 42 roof in May suffering from a heart attack, unbeknown to the rest of us.

I'm pleased to say that he is now in fine fettle.

No comments: