Monday 25 January 2010

Crow Planet

I'm quite getting into this book reviewing lark as they slowly begin to trickle through my door. Crow Planet by Lyanda Lynn Haupt landed on my doormat over six months ago - and no, it hasn't taken that long to review it. No, my proper review will be appearing within the pages of an up coming issue of Bird Watching Magazine.

I would describe Crow Planet as a cerebral voyage into our relationship with urban nature through the author's relationship with American Crows. Lyanda speaks of her almost obsessive interest in these and other corvids after nursing one back to health years previously.

As I said, you can read my full review at a later date but I do think that you should try and lay your hands on a copy and have a read. It's pretty interesting and raises some fundamental issues. Besides, any book that talks about urban wildlife and tries to encourage people to get involved cannot be bad!

No comments: