Friday 5 June 2009

I guess I'm moody

I need a hot sauna (Justine Watson)
It's always nice to come home, back to London the city of my birth. It's not so nice to come back to a chilly climate, grey skies and rain. It's hardly inspiring. Today, I set about household chores and replying to emails that should have been replied back to about a thousand years ago. 

For example, I or to be exact 'someone from The Urban Birder', was invited by the New York Bird Club to celebrate National Pigeon Day on June 13th in Central Park. Quite what happens on that day I wasn't sure off. Unfortunately, I will be trapped in my room on that date slaving over a 2000 word article on birding in London for BBC Wildlife Magazine.

I also managed to have a blazing argument with a woman on the phone over nothing. I think it was the tone of her voice that started me off on the warpath. Anyway, after the angry exchange, she sent me a text 5 minutes later to apologise for her part of the disagreement.

Uncharacteristically, I didn't send her an apologetic text. I thought that I would revel in negativity until tomorrow. I will apologise then.

2 comments:

JRandSue said...

Lucky you David for your New York invite and bad luck for your encounter with plane passenger.
I love our terrible weather, because we get fantastic birds all year round.
Happy Birding
John.

JRandSue said...

Sorry David,sometimes i speed read and slip up. I misunderstood Phone for Plane.
Very sorry.
Happy Birding.
John.