Wednesday 9 February 2011

On the last leg

Waxwing (Will Webb)
I have been quietly writing a book for the past month or so desperately trying to complete it by my new extended deadline. If I can finish it by the weekend then I stand a great chance of it being published for the summer. So the race is on to get it all done so that I don't miss the publishing slot. The book is basically about how The Urban Birder came to be and I'm pretty sure that there will be stuff I've written that you may not have known before.

Anyway, I will leave you with this delightful image of one of the Waxwings that I saw locally the other day. It was sent to me by local birder Will Webb. Meanwhile, I shall continue working on my last leg.

3 comments:

holdingmoments said...

I'll look forward to reading this book David.

Great shot of the Waxwing, by Will.

theconstantwalker said...

Good luck with the book David. I hope to get a signed copy at the Birdfair.

Kathleen said...

Hey David. I hope you made that deadline alright.

I would like to ask a favour. I have a friend who loves birds and I know there is a bird group who go up on tower 42 that I imagine you know/are part of. My friend and I would love to come along some day. Do you know if this is possible? If you could email your response to k-leen@hotmail.co.uk that would be great. Ta. Kathleen