Friday 19 February 2010

Essex birds

Did anyone see Natural World on BBC2 at couple weeks ago about the natural history to be found in Essex?

What an amazing film! So beautifully shot and the wildlife footage incredible. What I liked the most about it - and it's something that a few people had tipped me off about to made me go and watch it - was the interesting blend of urban and wildlife. The film made urban areas look gorgeous, but most importantly, it showed that wildlife was all around for all of us to see. It has the sort of production values that I have always envisaged that I would employ on my own urban birding series. Whenever that may happen.

Check it out (if you're in the UK) on: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00qsxy5/Natural_World_20092010_The_Wild_Places_of_Essex/

1 comment:

Razboynik said...

I thoroughly enjoyed the programme. Very professionally done.