Friday 3 April 2015

The Greenwich Peninsula

The other day I took a stroll around the Greenwich Peninsula in the shadow of the O2 Arena. It was a rare sunny morning albeit rather nippy.
Looking east along the Thames with the O2 Arena partially obscured on the left
Singing Wren
Coot
A pair of Magpie
Kestrel in the Greenwich Peninsula Ecology Park
One of a pair of Oystercatcherson the Thames foreshore
The Ecology Park visitor centre
I visited the lovely Greenwich Peninsula Ecology Park, a tiny urban oasis with a lake, reedbed and small woodland and registered my first spring Chiffchaff in the UK. I have since been contacted by the park because they are trying to raise money for an outdoor classroom. If you feel so inclined the please donate to http://www.spacehive.com/frog

1 comment:

My Orange Brompton said...

A really lovely part of London. Hope to pay the Ecology Centre soon.