Monday 17 August 2009

First Whinchat for the autumn

No awards for this Whinchat shot!

I strolled from my home to The Scrubs again this morning as the motor is currently on the operating table at BMW Mini. It took 40 minutes. Whilst walking I suddenly realised that I could have caught a tube and been there in a fraction of the time. I guess the walk did me some good, besides I took the train home after.

The sun was shining and there was a bit more movement in the trees with Willow Warblers, Chiffchaff, Whitethroats and Blackcaps heading the cast. Saw a Hobby hunting distantly and found my first Whinchat for the autumn on a thistle amongst a bunch of Goldfinches.

Back at home responded to a multitude of emails and finished my belated Scrubs Report for June/July. I'm going to be off to Istanbul at the end of September hopefully to witness the fabled migrations that they get. It will be another addition to my city visits in Bird Watching Magazine. September's going to be a good month what with Lisbon and Istanbul.

Tomorrow night I will be off to Thetford Forest to film Nightjars with the BTO for Birdguides. It will be the sequel to my failed attempt at the end of last summer.

Let's hope that I'm successful.

No comments: