Sunday 13 July 2014

MadBird Fair 12 - 15 June 2014

The MadBird Fair (Madrid Bird Fair) was the first of it's kind in Madrid and indeed, was a birdfair after my own heart as it was totally urban. It was free to enter for the general public and had the usual blend of optical, tourism and arts and crafts.

My role was to give a talk on urban birding. I felt embarrassed not being able to speak Spanish. In reality, I had a proper interpreter relaying my poor gags to the assembled Spanish crowd. Although feeling like I was speaking at a UN gathering the talk was very well received. I loved the talk and loved being at the Fair under the hot Madrid sun.

I can't wait to go to next year's MadBird - if I'm invited!
Madrid is a magnificent city

 The attentive Natalia, one of the organisers. She looked after me beautifully!
 My good friend, the delectable Vanesa Palacios from Extremadura Tourism
 Vanesa's last slide at her talk
 Some of my assembled crowd
 Around the fair
 Part of a marquee
 Not tons of people but it was still generally well attended

 A Spotless Starling in a nearby park
A immature Green Woodpecker of the soon to be split Iberian race

No comments: