Monday 15 October 2012

I'm a Sado person!

I just spent two fabulous days on the Sado Estuary around 30 km south of Lisbon, Portugal. I was speaking at the Obervanatura Bird Fair within the bird rich Sado Estuary. It's a massive area covering some 57,000 acres.
 An aspect of the Sado Estuary
 A House Sparrow line-up
 A movement of local White Storks
 A male Common Stonechat
 A Zitting Cisticola in the bright sunshine
 Dunlin on the mudflats
 A migrant female Common Redstart
 A Common Redshank with a Grey Plover
A cute but extremely timid little doggy
I was beautifully looked after and the warm sun shone for most of my stay. If you're thinking of visiting Portugal don't just make a beeline for the Algarve. Theres loads to see further north in the Alentajo region in which the Sado Estuary lies.

No comments: